Jungle Yoga Retreat
Join us April 12th for a 5 Day intensive retreat to give you the opportunity to deepen your knowledge and experience of all the 8 limbs of yoga.
April 12th 2017-April 17th 2017
The Retreat and Workshop
Join us for a 5 Day intensive retreat to give you the opportunity to deepen your knowledge and experience of all the 8 limbs of yoga. All levels of experience are welcome, from beginner to experienced yogi.
During this retreat we’ll be looking at the depth of the postures, breathing techniques, meditation and more. It will give you everything you need to create more health and happiness in your life!
You’ll be staying at the Tiskita Jungle Lodge, located in a biological reserve in the beautiful south of Costa Rica. With the beach just five minutes away and abundant wildlife on your doorstep.
Jess joined the Tiskita team last year and when the season was over travelled around Central and South America. She is back this year for a couple of months and we want to learn as much as we can from her experience and teachings. We thought to offer a workshop and retreat so everyone can benefit from her knowledge.
Jess has a 500 hr yoga teaching qualification in Karuna yoga (Iyengar inspired) and has been teaching regular classes to the public and privately since April 2012. She incorporate aspects of physical postures, breathing, meditation and relaxation into her classes and is able to work with a range of abilities as needed. She also works as an Ayurvedic Health Practitioner which includes many types of Ayurvedic massage and body therapies along with health consultations.
If you’re not going to the retreat and are interested in coming, you may reserve at a reduced rate by contacting us
5Day Package Rate
|No. of nights||Rates (USD per person)|
- - Accomodation in lovely eco-cabins
- - 3 Delicious vegetarian meals a day
- - Yoga classes (twice a day)
- - Daily yoga workshop or seminar
- - Two guided walks through the jungle
- - Optional evening activities
All yoga equipment is provided at the lodge
The yoga retreat package does not include transportation, but we can assist with travel arrangements within Costa Rica and there are several options available.
A special package with transport included starts at $805 per person and includes flights via regional airline from San Jose to Golfito and a shared taxi to Tiskita roundtrip.
- 5.30-7am: morning meditation, asana and breathing
- 10am-12: asana class, exploring a variety of yoga postures in depth; looking at their functions and benefits
- 4-6pm interactive talks/workshops on yoga philosophy (between 1 and 2 hours depending on the topic):
- 8 limbs of yoga: yamas
– 8 limbs of yoga : niyamas
(The yamas and niyamas are guidelines to follow and practices to observe to assist in the obtainment of happiness/unity/enlightenment)
– 8 limbs of yoga: pranayama (breathing)
– 8 limbs of yoga: pratyahara, Dharana, dhyana, samadhi (aspects of meditation)
- 7.30pm: evening activities (2 nights)
-Yoga Nidia (guided relaxation)
-Introduction to emotional freedom technique
- - Guided horseback riding through primary rainforest and beach
- - Massage
- - Bike rental
- - Surfing lessons
- - Organic chocolate making workshop
- - Guided nightwalk through the jungle